Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Real Weddings: Rushing to the Courthouse


Today is election day and I hope Maine and Washington vote to maintain the rights and privileges they have bestowed on all their citizens. In honor of election day and the hope that the people of Maine and Washington will do the right thing, I am posting about a 'real' wedding that happened in the months before the passing of Prop. 8 in California.
In August of 2008, Leslie and her partner, Von, were legally married in the state of California (as featured on OBB). The wedding was completely last minute (Leslie just happened to be attending a conference there and thought "why not?") but it was still beautiful and truly expressed how both women felt about one another. Let me just say that their reception food, wine, cheese and bread from TJ's, ugh, I think these are the women of my dreams! If it were up to me our reception would just be two buck chuck, apricot stilton and french bread. Hehehe. Congratulations to both Leslie and Von for planning their wedding in the less than week and before California voted against their right to legally married.

No comments:

Post a Comment