Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Possible Wedding Theme and Dress (if Etsy doesn't work out)

The other night instead of working on my final project for my anthropology class, I was re-watching series 4 of Dr. Who. I was watching "The Unicorn and the Wasp" and realized what an awesome theme for our wedding! Not the giant alien wasp but the idea of having a 1920s/1930s mystery novel inspired wedding. Our ceremony/reception is taking place in Balboa Park which has a lot influences from that period especially our reception venue which was reconstructed in 1935. We were going to already incorporate elements from that period into our wedding but I think adding some mystery novel elements would be totally appropriate for us as we love to throw murder mystery parties and I am obsessed with several mystery series (currently I just got hooked on No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency after watching the show). If only I could have one massive large scale murder mystery wedding...hehehe. For the STDs I was thinking we could create a mock mystery novel cover and for the guest book create a novel with images of us as detectives. Not sure how this will all pan out if at all but it would be so cool and fun.

Now onto the dress...

As some of you know, I have been having dress issues. After selecting a dress from an Etsy designer to custom order, I came across the coveted Daphne by J. Crew. I discussed this with my designer and she is going to see if she can work something out. However, tonight I came across this convertible dress by Butter which kinda gives almost the same effect as the Daphne. I guess if all else fails I can go for this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment