Monday, December 7, 2009

Wedding Dress Update!

There has been some family drama and I am hoping by the end of this week to move on from it. The drama almost resulted in us eloping some time in the coming weeks and just saying "f" it to ever having a wedding. However, this wedding is about us, not them and I need to get over that and move beyond all of it.
I went dress shopping Saturday to pick up my spirits after all the family drama and to try on a few Claire Pettibones to see what I liked and then order a knockoff from online. However, I think I found my dress, unfortunately, it is a Vera Wang, which goes against most of my morals. I didn't think I would be into Vera Wang at all but I fell absolutely in love with this dress. It is completely out of my price range even with it being on sale, and with veil and everything else included ($3200). Before I show pictures of the Vera Wang I thought I would include some other contenders...
Here is a Claire Pettibone, the "Chantilly"



I think this dress makes my booty look lumpy.

Here is another Claire Pettibone "Louise"


This is a Jenny Packam and umm, I have to say I look pretty stacked here.




Now onto the f'ing Vera Wang...



The back...


I loved how this dress made look tall and thin. It seriously looked like I lost 10 pounds.


After dress shopping there was some more family drama (my mother was jealous that she didn't go with me even though this is the only store in Southern California that carries Claire Pettibone besides Beverly Hills and there was no f'ing way I was going to go to the 90210 and she was pretty mean and horrible about it). Upon returning from the store, I realized I will never be able to obtain this dress. I began to scour David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo and other pocketbook friendly designers. Over on offbeat bride someone suggested some pre owned wedding dress sites, so I looked through those for like hours, over and over again but couldn't find the dress then today I happened upon the dress and the seller listed the serial number! Huzzah! Now this makes it so much easier to find the dress. I have tracked down the dress in my size to a consignment shop in Manhattan Beach! It is still quite a bit of money ($1200) but they have layaway which means it is completely doable since I will be getting some money for Christmas. :-) Wish me luck on my LA Bridal Gown Adventure this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment