Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Post-Holiday Wedding Update

I can't believe it has been a month since my last update! Mr. Nee and I have been busy dealing with the hustle and bustle of the holidays that I didn't have the time or energy to do a proper update. I was also sick for the bulk of the break which was not fun at all.

First, I bought my dress but I am not going to reveal what it looks like. Some of you may know but the rest of you will have to wait until the wedding (or post wedding pics) to see it. My mother is making me a robin egg blue sash with a copper organza overlay to create an inverse patina effect (hopefully). My etsy dress designer has agreed to make a bolero based on the J. Crew dress that I loved.

Second, I took advantage of the major After Christmas sales to get some awesome decorations for our centerpieces. Most of them are Christmas ornaments (or meant to be Christmas ornaments) but since they are in non-traditional holiday colors such as turquoise, purple, and copper I think they won't give off the Christmas vibe. I even got some little woodland creatures for the centerpieces to represent our camping/hiking adventures. Two of the little critters will be our cake topper which is based on an inside joke between the two of us. Most of the ornaments I bought were ridiculously cheap like under $2 or $3. I also bought some from the Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters websites on New Years when they had extra discounts on their sale items.

Third, my sister bought her Maid of Honor dress. It is super cute on her and I think it is very appropriate for the type of wedding we are going to have. I'm not sure how to describe the color of the dress. In the store it looked almost chocolate brown with a blue shimmer but the website says it is "charcoal." Here a picture of it on the Nordstrom website if you want to take a look at it.

Fourth, Mr. Nee and I are still deciding on a caterer. We are leaning towards a restaurant rather than a catering company because they tend to be a little bit more affordable. We are thinking Lucha Libre Taco Shop if the price is right mainly because I prefer their food over El Indio but they will also cater while wearing lucha masks. Mr. Nee believes as gringos that we have no right especially since I blogged a few months ago about an affluent white couple with no ties to Mexico having a really horrible, derogatory Mexican-themed wedding to have luchadores serve us food. Neither one of us is obsessed with Lucha Libre but we both love this restaurant partly because of the lucha libre theme. I don't want to be hypocritical but at same time wouldn't just be so kick ass to have luchadores at our wedding?

Over the next few months we need to do the following:
-Create and send out Save the Dates
-Select a caterer
-Select a someone to bake our cake
-Figure out linens
-Create and send out Invitations

No comments:

Post a Comment